Had a GREAT walk today. Walking in our gated community has become a spiritual essential to me. I put on my Ipod, and off I go. The Lord never neglects to talk to me, and fill me with his spirit.
I have come, here, to not take this for granted. Big Sigh. This island is so full of spiritual forces. Anyone 'in tune' at all can FEEL them. Heck, don't even need to be in tune--drive down the street, and you can SEE them! There is a terrible darkness here, and it often overwhelmes us. Death surrounds us. We jokingly refer to this as George--the Bible says that the enemy roams to and fro on the earth like a LION, looking for who he can devour. (Kore translation) We gradually realized this, and as a family, have learned to call it like it is, and somehow George is the name we settled on!
Back to my walk. The songs that I have been most drawn to here sing about Freedom. Breaking chains. Setting people loose from bondage. I can hear God's heart for this land. I won't begin to discuss the bondage that certainly exhists back home. But HERE, the bondage is overt--obvious--and it is death. I can hear His heart--and His heart wants people free here. So as I was walking, and as God was just FILLING me up, I felt like each of my steps had purpose--I wanted to jump up and down with it. Like my own two feet could smash the death down. Oh--how I want to see the freedom of God loosed on this island.
I have studied but one chapter in the word since we've arrived--and I think Romans 8 is fat enough to last me until July. But I'll leave my dear friends and family with the verse that runs through my head over and over.
"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38
No comments:
Post a Comment