Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Hung with a new rope or something like that, Dad would say...

There's just no making me happy. The other day I was longing for a quiet house...some time to myself...and today I had some of that. I also completely wasted it, doing the following:







Joelle decided to ride her bike to Paul Mitchell's to pay for her own hair cut. Instead of being happy that she is gaining independence and spending her own money and not mine, I worried, because she was gone so long...despite the fact that I know it takes a full 2 hours to get a haircut at Paul Mitchells.

Sabrina is at Camp. She's out of cell phone range. I don't, in fact, even know where she is, as I didn't drop her off. So instead of rejoicing that she didn't even look back as she drove off, and that she has made some truly lifetime friends here in Utah...the kind of friends that she'll sleep in a tent with for a couple of days and still like... I INSTEAD spent some really productive time worrying about her also.
And then there's Eric(in this sideways picture that I'm too lazy to rotate...)

He is out tonight, leading a presentation and a business project and eating dinner with vips... being awesome in general. But instead of being happy about this, and thankful that he has a job, and happy for him that he's actually beginning to do things at work that aren't 'boring', I kept thinking about all the things I needed from him to do and help me with.



Then I felt very lonely and realized that it isn't going to be all that far away when we have an empty house and I started wondering what on earth I was going to do with myself. I don't know yet. But I know that I really didn't enjoy that alone time that I was pining for the other day.

To everything there is a season. And instead of always wanting something I don't have at the moment...I should probably learn to appreciate what I have, when I have it!

No comments: