Saturday, October 26, 2013

Life in General...

Joelle is off to take her ACT for hopefully the last time.  Our dear GuineaPig is quite the impressive young lady.  She is really showing herself to be an adult, and we're proud of her!  A young man invited her to homecoming with a pizza last week.  Hope she has fun.

Sabrina grows in beauty and grace every day.  I really just find great delight in hanging out with her.  She makes and keeps great friends, and she is ever proving her wisdom in life skills to us.  She is ever funny, and has such a good head on her shoulders lately.  I am hoping that there are ACT's in the evening though--I'm not sure she'll survive an 8 am ACT!

Fayzeal is growing.  The pants I bought in August don't fit anymore.  Yesterday, he and a couple of boys piled up leaves in the back yard.  Sometimes I struggle to parent a boy--boys just do weird things--like wack eachother with rakes.  Eric assures me this is normal.

Alissa is...Alissa.  She is on a Thumbelina kick.  I am working on 'small choices' with her.  She has been diagnosed with Oppositional Defiance Disorder.  In other words, she is pretty hard to parent.  I'm doing o.k. with it, as long as we don't have to do anything quickly.  Good things she's cute and funny!  I'm sure anyone over 50 would know of some good cures for ODD. ;)  And they wouldn't call it ODD.  But until she has some permanency in her life, we're just going to have to muddle through with theraputic parenting.

Eric and I are just always looking for ways to find some time together.  Kind of a crazy life.  But good.






No comments: